Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Hello Summer!

Hi there! It has been a while since I have posted so I just wanted to do a quick update. I promise a new post is coming soon!! I have been bad about sitting and reading lately. Don't worry, I am always reading. I just haven't been great about committing to sitting and finishing a novel.

I did get about a quarter of the way through The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver but was somewhat bored. I did not hate it and perhaps one day I will revisit it, but for now I returned it to my bookshelf. I am very behind on my Harry Potter challenge. My reading partner has already finished Book 5 but I have yet to start it, so that is high up on my list. I started Absolution Gap by Alastair Reynolds but haven't made a real dent in it yet. And then Neil Gaiman's new book, The View From the Cheap Seats, came out and so I dropped everything to begin reading that. Thus I am now in the middle of two books and really need to begin a third and I get another Audible credit this week.

What does that long list mean to you?

It means that hopefully starting by the end of this week or beginning of next, I will begin to have reviews on all of the books mentioned above. Probably Neil Gaiman first, if I am being honest, because he is my reading crack and I adore him. I have a goal of reading 52 books this year and am currently at 23. So I need to focus this summer and read away! The difficult part is that many of these books need to somehow count for the reading challenge I am doing with my husband. So sometimes I have trouble because a book I am dying to read won't count for the challenge. Who knew reading could be so hard?!

Really though, I want to thank you for reading my blog and ask you to not give up on me. I want to stay consistent with reading AND posting, so give me a few days and I'll be back at it. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment